Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

NYC Photo Diary | Chinatown | 16 Nov 2014


 Hello everyone! So my mom is in town and I'm happy because I have someone to go with to all the cool places in New York that I wanted to go or to show her little treasures that I've already found on my short stay here! 
 In Manhattan you can go every single day of your life to a different place and that's one of the things that I love so much!  
 This Sunday we went to Chinatown and my mom was disappointed because once we got there she told me "Faidra, that's not how we see it in the movies!" but you know, it was fun, we walked and ate Chinese food and drunk bubble tea and we spent some mother-daughter time. It was a good day! 






 So the first thing we did once we got there was to go to a proper bubble tea place. I know that I'm so late on that but oh well better late than never! I have to admit that it was pretty yumi and tasty and even though the weather was freezing cold I didn't even care because I liked it so much! 



 Here's a little outfit of the day! All black everything as you can see. The coat is SheInside, I was also wearing my black jeans from Zara and a vintage Levis shirt. Bag is H&M and shoes Dr Martens. I stole the scarf from my mother so I don't really know where she got it from! Oh well..


Then this happened. 





 Then we got into the cutest store ever I swear if I had the money I would buy everything! 




 And after a long walk we decided it was time for some food and we went to this really old place and at first we were a little skeptical but I swear it was the best Chinese food I've ever eaten and the people there were really friendly and nice!



 After eating we walked a little bit more and saw places that were selling fresh fish and fruits and things like that and I'm telling you, that's not something you see everywhere in Manhattan!



 Here are two self explanatory pictures. You can laugh. I laughed a lot when this happened. 
Near Chinatown there's Little Italy, so we found some Cannoli and even though I was so full I wanted some! I was disappointed because they didn't taste exactly like they tasted in Italy but anyway.. 



  So that's it! I really enjoy taking my camera with me but that thing is so heavy and I have to hold it and I guess that I'm such a comfort freak that even the slightest thing that makes me uncomfortable has to go away from me! I'm trying though.. I'm trying to take more pictures not because I consider myself someone who knows anything about photography but because I like to capture the moments that I'm living. Hope you like this little photo diary though! It won't be long until you hear from me again! xx Faidra