Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Don't be afraid to sit in the from row at your life









































 A lot of things come to my mind when I hear the word ‘’fashion’’. Is it a passion? Well, I think it is. I grew up with fashion surrounding me. Like music, like breathing, fashion is a way to live, to think and to express yourself. Fashion is not just in magazines. Fashion is on the streets too, it is expressed in hundreds of different ways by each individual regardless of their age or social background.  But it is also part of our cultural history. There are so many books and articles on what fashion was, what it is now and what people expect it to be later. 
My love for fashion started at a really young age. My grandmother used to take me with her to her best friend who was her dressmaker. I remember that she had a really small house and that you couldn’t actually find a place to sit because of all the fabrics, threads and needles hanging on every single couch. They would always talk about the latest trends they saw on the magazines sent to them from Milan and about the next dress or co-ord she would sew for my grandmother. As I grew up, I  would tell them that one day I was going to be a fashion designer and I would bring my designs for them to see and the clothing items I would try to sew. They had always been really supportive even though I was too young and they would always give me the best advice. The last few years my grandmother got really sick and she gave me all of her clothes so I can have them. My dream is to have my own atelier and to have the quality of her clothes as an example of the work I want to show to the world.
But the point of this post is not about how I love fashion and how I grew up with it. The point of this post is that I grew up loving other things too. Isn't that the point though? I mean, how people expect me to love only one thing and to follow only one career path when someone is allowed to love more than one food, more than one place, more than one person etc? I don't think I can explain these thoughts to you but what I'm trying to say is that I want to explore the world more. Even if I fail a lot of times in my life I wanna try and do things in my way. Every single person is unique. Everyone has their ups and downs. There's no person in this world who's perfect. It can't be. What's perfect for me isn't perfect for you. And that's what can make this world a better place. Because it is your responsibility to find your passions and let them guide you into the best journey. And that journey is your life. Keep the ones you love close. Nothing compares with the feeling of those people around. 
So I made a decision. I won't just go to study fashion. This is not who I am, this is not how I want to live my life. My life has to do with my passions. Fashion is a part of the long journey that waits in the corner. I will travel. I will have a camera wherever I go. I will blog about my experiences. And last but not least, I will love passionately. Not only my job, but every single thing I do. Every person that comes into my life worth loving I will love. And getting hurt is a part of it. I want to have an excuse to die when the time comes. I want to have a fridge full of pictures of my young self telling me that I actually did something for me. I'm in a constant war with myself but I will try to love my imperfections too. That's my decision.


“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 
-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
































xx Fedra 

No comments:

Post a Comment