Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

But without dance, what's the pointe ?












Casa de la Danza had the idea of taking ballet shoes from popular ballet dancers and contacted with painters from all over the world to paint the shoes for an exhibition!
They contacted with my step father who is an artist and they sent as two pairs. One pair for each of us.
find Casa De la Danza on Facebook: Casa de la Danza
find my step fathers art on Facebook: Mihalis Papakalodoukas

Shoes painted by: me

Owner of the shoes : Julie Diana
link: http://www.juliediana.com 
(she signed them for me to see! how cool is that?)


I think that they are even going to make a book with the painted shoes !


The reason why I love this project so much is because it reminded me of the days I used to dance! I started dancing ballet when I was 3 and a half years old for 10 years straight! I miss dancing so much it was such a fun thing to do it just helped me free my mind! It's like flying, but instead of wings you just wear your ballet shoes. I don't know if I will ever start dancing again, I stopped because of personal reasons and because I wanted to concentrate to my art.


I had so much fun painting the shoes! Hope you enjoy!

xx Faidra