Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Living in New York City.

 Hello everyone! As September ended with my 18th birthday just passing by and found me in New York doing my stuff, I thought that it is time for an update and if you can't find any motivation doing the things you want to do lately, maybe this post can help you a bit!
 As an adult now (this is obviously a joke, right?), I have to say that it is time for me to start taking everything more seriously. What I mean is that I want to spend more time doing the things I have to do in order to achieve the future that I've always dreamt to live. It's always good and fun when you say to yourself that you still have time to do the things you want to do, but I'm already a month in the city and I haven't done anything exciting except going to work and back at home or visiting friends and family. I had promised that I would put more effort on my blog and that I would start a YouTube channel (which I did, but the video wasn't even close to the quality I want to go for) and  I understand that this month has been really difficult for me, I'm struggling with homesickness a lot, and I'm stressing out about things that shouldn't scare me, but I have to remind myself that I've come so far and that I'm strong and that I can do this and now it is time for things to change for the best. No more excuses.



 Last month I started my internship at a fashion company -how exciting is that?!- and I am just helping everyone out, I am not a designer of course since I haven't studied yet! But what the heck? I'm on a good way. Anyway, usually I start work at 9:30am but I wake up at 6:00am. I know that it's crazy and that you think that something's wrong with me but it's actually great waking up early in the morning because I have the time to take my breakfast, say good morning/good evening  to my beloved ones over the phone or the internet ( f* you distance) and actually do things! I also cook my lunch for work because I don't want to eat outside everyday. Fast food in Manhattan is seriously tempting I have to admit.
 So after getting dressed I grab a butter croissant and I buy a coffee on my way to the train station, leave the train 20 mins later at "34th st Herald sq" and I'm going to work. I really love going there even though I'm not designing clothes, I feel such a grown up when I sit in my office and I leave my bag and I sit down and I don't know it just feels like heaven to me watching yards of fabrics and zippers and buttons and clothing items and I'm just happy man. I am happy because I know that I'm making the right decision. This is what I want to do. Fashion. Boom.
 Long story short you know me I can keep writing about nothing and about everything at the same time, this is my life. This is what I am doing everyday! After work I just go home and do nothing again because I finish at 5:30pm and I am simply dead after that.
 On the Weekends I'm doing laundry, I go to the Super Market and you know, just living the life that everyone is dreaming of. Let me just tell you that the life in New York is better than the movies. It is! It feels like heaven! But there's this part when you have to clean your apartment and do things that your mom was doing for you all these years and you just can't escape from that! haha
 This month some things are going to change though. I'm taking an Adobe Illustrator course at the Fashion Institute because they are going to help me with my design skills and I will be able after that to start helping the designers of the company that I am working at and to even find another internship after that! So I'm doing that, check. I have to start finishing my portfolio for my December interview at FIT. And last but not least I have to start working on my blog! YAY /fireworks/bam boom.
 I am so grateful for the last month, but now that I've settled in I can do more things and focus on the things that matter! That's it.

Next post is going to be more interesting I promise!
xx Faidra